Sunday, April 18, 2010

Watercolor Sketchbook - McKinney Falls State Park

Spent a day painting at McKinney Falls State Park. These are small, around 5" x 8"
The first painting is my friend Brian, painting away:


Fun day. I love making tiny paintings. I'm more impressed with really large paintings, but tiny paintings are more relaxing to make because they don't take long, and on lookers can't really see what you're doing unless they're really close up, so you can feel like you're in your private world.

Bye now, I'm working on the next painting!

1 comment:

brianleepainter said...

Great series of paintings! I had not known that you were including me in one of the watercolor landscapes, so it was a nice surprise to see!

I agree that smaller paintings are enjoyable. Being able to see the "whole" on a smaller scale is what I like most about working on paintings of this size.