Sunday, October 10, 2010

Watercolor - Laguna Gloria

Another perfect day in Austin, TX. I will do plein air at every possible opportunity from now until it gets too cold. This is the building at Laguna Gloria. It's not real extravagant, but it does have an elegant simplicity to it. The grounds are beautiful. I will go back and paint the area again and again.

I used to be the girl who would miss the beautiful weather outside to play hours of video games indoors. But since I began painting in watercolor, there is nothing I would rather do than be outside painting. I don't miss video games one iota. I have "found" myself as an artist, here in Austin, TX. I don't know what kept me from growing as an artist when I lived in Shrewsbury, PA. I blame myself for not having the drive I have now. I'm sure it set me back many years of growth. But now I live here, and I am creating all the time. It also really helps to have my two best painting buds Stephen and Jay who will go out painting with me at the drop of a hat and to keep me company . Painting with friends allows me to really relax and enjoy the moment. Thank you!!

Tiffanny
ps. And thanks, Jen for letting me borrow your guy for our painting excursions all the time!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Cool! Yours came out great! I want to get better at this, so let's keep practicing!