Monday, January 24, 2011

Watercolor Sketchbook - View from the Austin Public Library, 3rd floor.

I've recently become enamored with the Austin Public Library. I used to go to the San Marcos Library, and they were great, but I had to pay an annual fee. APL is FREE!!! Woot!! I checked out lots of watercolor technique books, and some oil painting books too. Learning is fun. The APL is my new art teacher.

You know what's hard?? Drawing buildings. And that's all I have to say about that.

Tiffanny

4 comments:

martinealison said...

il n'est jamais simple de dessiner un corps de bâtiment afin que celui-ci paraisse stable sur votre toile... Le vôtre est particulièrement bien réussi.
Bises

Sadami said...

Dear Tiffany,
You're not alone and the work is cute!! I do not have a big appetite for architechtre, eithter. I'm working on the poject and struggling.
Cheers, Sadami

Ted Blackman said...

You mentioned drawing buildings: It's an interesting thing; designers in animation either excel in organic subjects, like people and nature, or towards static and mechanical things, like buildings and vehicles. I don't know why that is. It's rare to find a designer in animation who can do both. I'm more comfortable in the latter. Maybe you are more comfortable in the organic world.
I like your skull. Skulls are cool.

Unknown said...

Nice work! I've been thinking of doing a painting of my view...lots of building!! :)