Friday, June 17, 2011

When I Was A Stupid Kid - Sibling Rivalry

When I Was A Stupid Kid, I was on the dishing end of a sibling rivalry. On the receiving end was my unassuming, OH-SO-CUTE, Little Miss Perfect, younger sister and roommate, Bonbon (Derived from her name Ebony. E-BON-y). Look at how cute she is.
She was SOOOOOOOOOO cute, that teenaged girls would AWWW and SQUEEEE at how CUTE she was. Seriously, I kid you not. She was just SO CUTE! Look at them big ol' eyes. I tell you, when I was a kid, I found all the gushing quite disgusting!!
In addition to being SOOOOOOOOO CUTE physically, Bonbon, was....


As her name suggests, OH SO SWEET.


AND, to make matters WORSE, while I was an academic lump of coal,

Bonbon was an academic DIAMOND.


The most infuriating thing was that all this was all-natural. She didn't do these things to suck up to parents, or to make me look bad. All this cuteness, this sweetness, this smartness, was ALL NATURAL. No plastic!! She always wanted people to be happy...
... even if you were mean to her!!

And that's how I acted like an jackass, When I Was A Stupid Kid, because disliking Bonbon, is like disliking a puppy or a duckling. What jackass doesn't like puppies or ducklings? You know what I mean!?!

ps. Bonbon grew up just as sweet and cute. If you're a person that gets her angry, you must REALLY be a d-bag.

15 comments:

Samuel Araújo said...

I liked the illustration, was very good. :D

Mauricio Abril said...

I really enjoyed reading and seeing your story. I grew up an only child and had a sister when I was older, so I never experienced the sibling rivalry. So it's interesting for me to get a glimpse into another's life. Thanks

Joane said...

I love your stupid kid stories, they're so funny. Thanks for the chuckle. Have a great weekend!

Ramona said...

Hahahha! I love this! you should do more comics! and possibly watercolour them..? :)

Illustrators portfolio said...

Fantastic!

Ted Blackman said...

Ha ha. I like the 'Goodnight dear Tiff' panel, that made me laugh out LOUD. Nice pose in the first panel. Sis' huge, adorable eyes are hysterical, too. Bravo.
My younger brother was the goody-two-shoes and I was the one always in trouble. I only remember him getting spanked once, but it was a delicious moment, since it was usually me getting it.

Anonymous said...

Omg I always look forward to this sharing of yours!! lol!!

Anonymous said...

so cute!x3'

EmersonArts said...

Que desenhos mais lindos!

tiffannysketchbook said...

Thank you everyone!

Joane: yay, glad I could get a chuckle out of you :D
Ramona: I used to watercolor them but I got very busy and I dont have time now. Maybe in the future! I love watercoloring :D

Ted: Thanks for sharing your story of your sibling rivalry. Hehehe funny. I'm picturing you in the corner laughing as your little brother gets spanked. EVIL!

Emersondesigner: obrigado por visitar de novo, designer emerson! Eu estou usando Traduz Google para escrever este. Eu desejo que eu possa traduzir toda a história em português. Eles história é sobre minha irmã bonito que está sendo o favorito e eu ser muito ciumenta. Obrigado novamente por visitar o meu amigo!

Tampha said...

its so lovely & so beautifully illustrated... reminds me of my sisters and me :-D bless u

Anonymous said...

Here's a bratty kid story: My coworker Leane, when she was small, would hide it the bushes on the golf course that was near her granny's house. After players hit the ball near her, she would wait for them to go down the hill out of site before dashing out to steal them!! Once the players came over the rise they could not understand where the heck the balls went! She would take them to her grannies, wash them, then give them to her father. He thought it was pretty funny, but those poor players thought they lost their minds lol.

Anonymous said...

Tiffanny! I really like your stories and illustrations of when I was a stupid kid series. They are funny, emotional, real, and so much more. ^___^ Looking forward to seeing more of it.

tiffannysketchbook said...

thanks Tampah!, Little Ni!
A new memory of When I Was A Stupid Kid just came to me today and I look forward to illustrating it.

OMG Queen B. What a great story. HA!!! I loved practical jokes as a kid. I was like Bart Simpson making prank phone calls all the time. Thanks for sharing your story! It cracked me up!

WC Lee said...

great story :) reminds me of my older sister though she is more manipulative than nice