Tuesday, August 7, 2012

observational pen drawings

I do a lot of observational drawing. They're fun and they keep the pen moving. When I draw out of my head, I mostly stare at the paper blankly and get a nosebleed from thinking too hard about what to draw. Observational work is fun because there's no shortage of things to draw. You get lots and lots of practice and it prepares you for when you do have to do imagination drawings. This discipline informs the other. So carry your sketchbook with you everywhere and draw everything in sight!







7 comments:

David de Rooij said...

Very nice sketches! I would also like to see some more of your paintings!

Mauricio Abril said...

Love the economy of line! you're inspiring me to post my own, though I'm probably too lazy to scan them and format, lol. I do a lot during meetings and what not, drawing things around me and my coworkers. But I love animals more so these are very appreciated :)

Jorenes said...

Tiffany greetings and thanks for visiting my blog.
They are excellent sketch ..... Animals are my unfinished business.
An embrace from Barcelona!

Tyler Stott said...

GREAT animal sketches here on your blog :)

Dawn said...

Awesome sketches! Love your blog :D

Holly Main said...

Great blog and wonderful sketches! I look forward to seeing more!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Jesus Lopez Pastor said...

Great blog and greats jobs Tiffany,
thanks for your visit,
kind regards!